Tuesday, November 19, 2013

Owls and Frypans

A Birthday is approaching for a special friend, and I decided that I wanted to make something unique for Karla. I know that she loves owls, so I thought I would have a go at making a cute little owl cushion for her.  

I was so happy to head into my "crafty nook" and get designing. The Ballerina assisted me with colour and fabric choices and I rummaged around for bits and pieces I could use. It is such a delight to not have to go out and buy anything.
My fry pan even made the perfect template for the cushion shape!
Recycled and vintage materials were used, including an old grey short sleeve lambswool jumper (hellooo Mother's Day circa '95) for the head and backing, and an old striped ironing board cover complete with foam and cotton batting. 

I was very happy with how it turned out, and I am looking forward to seeing her reaction!

 
Before and after - sketch to creation

 Don't you love it when an idea turns out just how you had hoped?






1 comment:

Thankyou for coming to visit and sharing your thoughts with me. You keep me blogging!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...