Wednesday, November 13, 2013

What Are The Odds?

spoons used for the Melbourne Cup Sweeps

Last week we celebrated Melbourne Cup Day. It was a glorious sunny day, and a day rich with good things. Nothing like the rainy, cold weather we are currently experiencing.

Part of the reason for the move to the small house was to downsize and simplify our life, so we could spend more of our time and resources actually enjoying it.

I love having a patio and a back garden, and dining outside is a pure delight, rather than a reminder of the unfinished work around the place, as it was at our other house.
I asked one of my co-workers on the Thursday prior what she was doing on Cup day. Upon hearing that she was going to spend the day cleaning out her shed I promptly invited her to come to my place. (Her partner works interstate for 3 weeks out of the month) She said she would see what happened on the day, and I left it at that.

I told Mr M that I had invited my friend and her daughter, but that I didn't think the chances were very good that she would come.
"What are the odds?" he asked. 
"Probably 80 to 1", I responded. 
"That's not very good odds" he replied "I would give her 5 to 1" He always has incredible faith in people.

Well, Cup day rolled around and I got a text to say that she was on her way. I was surprised and delighted.
Tussie Mussie - a gift from my friend
So, I am thinking that if you  feel there is something you should do, or want to do, you should go ahead and do it, regardless of what you think the response may be. You never know, you may just be pleasantly surprised.



1 comment:

  1. That is so lovely. I hope you had a lovely afternoon. People are full of surprises - thanks for the reminder.

    ReplyDelete

Thankyou for coming to visit and sharing your thoughts with me. You keep me blogging!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...