Friday, March 12, 2010

Last weekend

A long weekend spent at the beach. A house shared by my family and my brother's. We played with little ones. It rained and rained.


My uncle's 70th Birthday at his beach house was a chance to re-connect with family, especially my cousins. We remininisced. We marvelled over all our children and asked "where have the years gone?" We arranged a cousin's night out, as a result.



It was raining a great deal. We did get a couple of hours at the beach, a little golden window of opportunity, when the sun shone bravely and the water was warm.






we watched DVD's, we played games, we watched kites attempting to fly! We played ball and dug in the sand. We slept in spongy beds and shared meals. We took home bags of sopping wet towels and clothes! We had fun!


1 comment:

  1. Sounds like the perfect getaway. I think it's nice when get weather like that and are forced to stay indoors, relax, talk...priceless quality time!

    ReplyDelete

Thankyou for coming to visit and sharing your thoughts with me. You keep me blogging!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...