Wednesday, May 14, 2014

The Most Beautiful Of Weddings





I hadn't been to a Wedding for such a long time, so I was very much looking forward to this one. Even more so, because the Bride and Groom are  such special people, and so very in love.The Bride's father is like a brother to Mr M, and the whole family are more like close friends than actual relatives. The fact that the Wedding was being held on Queensland's Gold Coast was a definite plus too. The venue was perfect, a picturesque chapel for the ceremony, and a glamorous resort for the reception. The vows were beautiful, hand written  and meaningful and so full of the promise of an exciting new life together. I couldn't help but reflect on my own marriage, and the promises that I made as a young bride. Do I love, honour and respect my husband? Am I good wife? I know I am not the same person 21 years on, and much has changed in that time, but the intentions for our life together have not changed. I am glad of a timely reminder of that.
 
The last photo: Bridesmaids In Reserve (or what to do when you are wearing the same dress as some one else!)


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thankyou for coming to visit and sharing your thoughts with me. You keep me blogging!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...