Wednesday, November 27, 2013

Water Colour Books


I was very inspired by Steph's beautiful water colour books  that she made with her daughter.


I decided that they would make perfect gifts for all of the educators and committee members at my kindergarten, and could be something that the children could help to make. They certainly got very excited about having a secret project when I showed them the  pictures on the I-Pad from the blog post.


A small group of children quickly got to work painting some light grey textured card, and we ended up with a thick stack of beautiful covers in no time. There was much whispering and the exchange of secret looks and smiles. I sewed the pages in place when the paint had dried, whilst the children watched, fascinated. 



I loved making these books as they were very quick and simple and used resources I had on hand.  I think they look absolutely beautiful. I hope they will be  useful as well as beautiful for the recipients.

 Whilst writing this post the idea popped into my head to create a bookplate to put inside each book, perhaps with a quote about writing, or education. Any ideas of suitable quotes would be greatly appreciated.

Would you be happy to receive such a gift?



2 comments:

  1. These are gorgeous. I would love to receive one, perfect for a visual diary.
    Have a wonderful week.

    ReplyDelete

Thankyou for coming to visit and sharing your thoughts with me. You keep me blogging!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...