Every human has four endowments: self awareness, conscience, independent will and creative imagination. These give us the ultimate human freedom…the power to choose, to respond, to change. -Stephen R. Corvey
My Big Girl turned 18 on the 30th December. It is the strangest sensation having an adult child. It seems like only such a short time ago that she was a demanding little baby, a curious toddler, then a fiercely independent preschooler. Always a little girl with a big personality!Yet on the other hand it seems like I have known her forever. I cannot imagine a life without my daughter, my first born.
It has not been easy to 'grow' this beautiful young woman. There have been many challenges, quite a few sleepless nights and lots of tears. But there have been funny stories, good memories and lots of laughs along the way too. I cannot really believe that is has been 18 years, since she entered and changed our lives forever.
18 Wishes for my Daughter
- To be happy
- To be adored by those who know her
- To share her time with all that love her
- To pursure her dreams, interests and ideas
- To be honest and take repsonsibilty for her actions
- To be caring and thoughtful
- To be a devoted sister
- To be a loyal friend
- To speak and act with kindness and respect
- To be grateful for the blessings in her life
- To see things from a positive perspective
- To carefully think things through when making a choice
- To rise to challenges with grace
- To learn and grow from experiences
- To save money for things big and small
- To have a good work ethic
- To be safe and secure
- To be a daughter to be proud of.