Sunday, April 3, 2011

Dream Believer

Sam, my career/life coach gave me some homework to complete before our next session. One of the tasks is to create a Dream Board. This is a representation of what you want your life to look like in the future, a chance to respond to the questions of who you will be, what you will have and what you will do. It is a good way to think about what is important to you. I used a piece of my childhood sheet as a background (stapled to a painting canvas) and spent many enjoyable hours cutting out pictures (mainly Frankie and Notebook mags) and sticking them onto the board with double sided tape. The next step of the process according to Sam, is to spend a few minutes every day visualising yourself achieving what is on the board. Believe that you can. I'd love to see your own personal dream board, if you want to play along. It is a very useful exercise. see a picture of the very sheet on my bed here

2 comments:

  1. I think I might even give this a whirl - it's about time I did this! I know from previous experience the power of visualising and writing dreams/goals down - even when you don't know the "how" of achieving them, dreams do indeed come true once given room to become real.

    I particularly like the centre of your dream board, the tree, with your love for your partner carved into it.
    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a great idea. It's true that you can't work out what you want to achieve, unless you can clearly see where you would like to achieve. I may even give this a go too!

    ReplyDelete

Thankyou for coming to visit and sharing your thoughts with me. You keep me blogging!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...