Thursday, December 31, 2009

A tale of two tops

Recently I bought a cheap sleeveless top that I loved the shape and fit of as well as the design. Unfortunately I got some rust marks on it when soaking it with a bra, after getting it rather dirty when gardening. What to do with it now?
Enter a piece of fabric, thrifted a while back and a pair of scissors!
I cut the white top open and then laid it on the fabric, along the bias grain, then cut out the pieces adding a seam allowance as I went. I added simple facings by laying the cut pieces on more fabric, stitching on the seam lines and then cutting them out. Not exactly technical, but effective! I even used french seams! It would have benefited from a little more length, and a bit more room across the bust, however I am pretty pleased with the attempt.

2 comments:

Thankyou for coming to visit and sharing your thoughts with me. You keep me blogging!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...