Monday, September 21, 2009

Knitted Arm Chair Caddy


This is what I have been knitting like a woman possessed! I am sick and tired of hunting around in my arm chair for the scissors and remote control which invariably I am sitting on! Let's see if this prevents me from having to get up again, when I am comfy!
The pattern said to buy 4 x100gm balls of chunky wool. The lady in the wool shop concurred. I had my doubts. I used less than one ball for the main part and a small amount of another ball for the cabled pocket (different yarn). At over $10 a ball, I am not thrilled about this! I am thinking of crocheting a large basket with the remaining wool - any other ideas gratefully receieved.

p.s I won't be cabling a garment any time soon! (I made too many little boo boos!)

3 comments:

  1. Great idea! Hope it works. Can you take the wool back? Or exchange it? I brought too much wool once and I was able to exchange it. I have seen some of those crocheted baskets and I think they look great. Go for it. There is no crochet happening here, it has been 32 degrees and is supposed to be 34 on Wednesday.

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks great. I have seen heaps of cables recently and am quite intimidated by them. Well done yours look great.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great idea. You are very clever. Looks good and can possibly save some sanity! As for those boo boos... I say you should never speak of them again. It looks great.

    ReplyDelete

Thankyou for coming to visit and sharing your thoughts with me. You keep me blogging!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...