Tuesday, November 11, 2008

The Need For Imagination

Tonight I attended a workshop on Steiner Doll making, and here is my effort using precut hand-dyed wool. I tried to make a "generic"sort of a doll, neither male nor female, young nor old, keeping in mind the notes from the facilitator:

A simple doll that leaves a lot to the imagination feeds the growing imaginative power that like phsical powers, only develops and strengthens with use

I found the exercise to be very relaxing and enjoyed working with all natural fibres. It was interesting to see how others approached the task and the great range of finished dolls. I wish I had taken my camera.

The need for imagination, a sense of truth and a feeling of responsibility - these are the three forces which are the very nerve of education - Rudolph Steiner

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thankyou for coming to visit and sharing your thoughts with me. You keep me blogging!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...