So I have decided to list 13 things from the year 2103, in no particular order as a summary of a year lived.
1. Celebrating 20 years of marriage. He his still my best friend, my logical thinker, my surprise-giver and the source of my occasional fury. You would think I would have learned by now not to interrupt the story to avoid it having to be told again from the very beginning! Clearly I have not!
2. Selling the big house, and finally moving into the small one. Feeling a sense of peace, as life becomes more simple, and far easier to clean! Letting go of things we don't need, and buying some new things. (STILL waiting for those stools....)
3. Re modelling my kitchen, working with what we have, but making it fresher, and lighter and more pleasant to be in. Oh and the floors - still in love with those!4. Down sizing and de-cluttering and refocusing my crafty ideas and plans (including getting rid of all those projects I knew I would NEVER finish) LOVING my new sewing nook.
5. Breaking my toe, needing a cast and missing 5 weeks of work. This probably set the tone for my year. My co-worker (in an on-going saga) had her ankle fused this year, so clearly not a good one for feet!
6. A beautiful Wedding celebration for my gorgeous niece Carli to her partner Matt. They had married in Gibraltar a few weeks earlier, and planned a great party with their friends and family. I also got to catch up with my parents who happen to live in the same country town, as Carli's parents!
7. A car for my newly licensed daughter (my car breathes an audible sigh of relief!) and the freedom that goes with it. Not always a good thing for the heart of a mother, however.
8. Raising chickens and ducklings and falling in love with them. Loving getting to know their quirky little personalities.
9. Mr M's 50th Birthday and plans made to travel to Brazil next year with his very best mate. So glad that his plans and dreams are actually happening, especially now knowing that his much-hoped for redundancy has eventuated, and he can move forward in his studies and new career.
10. Watching my Ballerina dance at competitions and her concert, and especially delighting at watching her with her little class of baby ballerinas.
11. Loving my new garden. It was quite a task to rescue and restore, but a very rewarding process. I keep discovering new surprises and delights, including a diverse range of wildlife.
13. Making things makes me happy. Plain and simple.
So there you go. Thanks for coming along for the ride. lets see what 2014 has in store for us all xx