Sunday, August 22, 2010

The getting of Wisdom

Saturday night we caught up with dear friends that have recently had a trip to Greece for a family wedding. They brought back this gorgeous little owl, representative of wisdom.The ballerina had a dance display today and demonstrated all that she has been learning in her dance classes., including exam work.
I want to sincerely thank everyone that has shared their story, offered words of wisdom and support relating to her experience at school. Fortunately things have improved and as a family we are all a lot wiser about the ways of the world through what happened.

I have spent many hours this weekend preparing lessons for my Diploma Students. I have a new group starting tomorrow and I have been engaged in decisions relating to what words of wisdom I need to impart to them. It is an awesome resonsibilty to share in the education of anyone, regardless of if they are a pre-schooler or a tertiary student.
I am excited to share learning opportunities at two extremes of the education scale.


By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.
Confucius

3 comments:

  1. Great quote Laurel.
    I've always loved meta-cognition :)

    So lovely to see your ballerina smiling and so so so great to know that things are getting easier for her. A big relief.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an amazing quote and beautiful post Laurel.
    I'm so glad things have improved.
    I can't get over that quote, so painfully true too. xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh lucky me went to Greece last month & taking an owl from Athens is taking some wisdom (thus goddess of wisdom, Athena). Only mine was in the form of a fridge magnet, very similar though, i love it. Love Posie

    ReplyDelete

Thankyou for coming to visit and sharing your thoughts with me. You keep me blogging!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...